1) Once you are up and running, the daily cost is, diesel approx. 8 - 10 gal per hour.
operator for dredge and spotter for discharge hoses.
2) Delivery charge Dredger $800 - $1,200
Hoses $400 - $600 per trip (1 to 2 trips depending on amount
of hoses and how packed.)
(((Everything $1,500 to $2,000)))
3) Insurance Liability: I will talk to you
4) Length of Discharge hose to go with dredge. approx. 1,000 to 1,300 ft
5) Amount down
10% = $5,000 to hold "Non-refundable"
50% = $25,000 before delivery.
__ % = $___,000 when delivered.
Remainder = $___,000 when agreed upon.
6) Last time used for dredging November 2002. When I replaced the Tubo booster $852.12 . I had our diesel mechanic replace the starter and get the machine running "on land" October 2008.
8) Hydrolic Hoses ???
9) The cutter bar will lock up when it gets caught (approx. pressure 1200 lbs). This stops any damage to the unit. Cutter teeth will wear and need to be tightened or replace periodically.
10) Operation instructions I will look for my manuel and I will give 1 eight hour day of free instruction provided it does not conflict with my work schedule of existing jobs.
Note: A) I usually get $100 per hour for my expertise.
Beyond the 1 day of instruction. I will instruct at a rate of $50 per hour,
provided it does not conflict with my work schedule of existing jobs.
B) #10 is not cut in stone. I will expand upon it in person.
C) I am trying to free my schedule to be there for part of your wed. night meeting.
D) When you receive this and have time, call and I will go over it with you.
Cell 486 - 9771
Patty & Rolf
--- On Fri, 3/19/10, Cathleen Goodnough <email@example.com> wrote:
From: Cathleen Goodnough <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: RE: Dredge Specs for SPCMA
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010, 5:30 PM
As to our conversation last night. The Board would like a little more information. We meet again next Wednesday night and any info you can give us would be helpful.
1. Estimated cost for normal operations 2-3 weeks?
2. Estimated cost of one time delivery charge to Sandy Pond?
3. Estimated cost of Insurance, Liability that you may have had on the machine while operation was under way?
4. Length of the discharge hose that would come with the purchase? Estimate cost of new piping if you have purchased any recently. We need total or 2,000-2,500' total
5. Amount down needed. Our finances are as such, before a membership drive for this year.
Town 15,000.00 Bill of Sale required to receive money
August 2010 8,300.00 Settlement of previous contractor
6. Last time the dredge was in operation, and any maintenance that you can think of that was done by yourself?
7. Approximate cost to get running, if the dredge doesn't run? This is purely speculative as we understand nothing could be known until it hits the water.
8. Approximate cost of replacement of Hydraulic Hoses?
9. Any maintenance needed on the cutter head, say if it hit concrete or cables?
10. Any kind of a operation instruction included, by chance.
Any help you may give us is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your patence with our Association, we have worked all winter to get the Town of Sandy Creek's Supervisor to give us an answer.